Sunday, August 1, 2010

Second Day



--- On Sun, 8/1/10, Todd Sipala <domoson@hotmail.com> wrote:

From: Todd Sipala <domoson@hotmail.com>
Subject: FW: Second Day
To: domoson42000@yahoo.com
Date: Sunday, August 1, 2010, 11:56 PM



> Subject: Second Day
> From: domoson42000@yahoo.com
> Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 11:46:51 +0800
> To: domoson@hotmail.com
>
> We went to the store today to buy a few things. Grant took us to a very large mall and hit up the grocery part. I got some bowls and a spoon set. Pull ups, but I hope not to use them. Grant told us they potty train very early ( we trained Ling-Li at 18months) because they send kids to K at 2-3 years old. And a few snacks to go in Lai Chun's back pack along with his toys. Tracey bought a cute pocketbook and she's very happy. From there we went to the Largest Buddhist Temple in Wuhan. It was so historic and just great to see and hear the culture of it all. After returning to the hotel we took a walk to check out all the tiny shops on the street.
>
> Our room is soooo HOT! The AC has been on since last night and it's just not doing the trick. We asked for a fan to help move the air around. Hope that helps. Also the Internet is very slow here and can't use our Slingbox to watch our home cable box. So it's BluRays for the rest of the time in Wuhan. I set up a VPN to get over the Internet great wall, but that didn't work. I put a new VPN on my laptop and it works on and off. It would be better if the speed was faster.
>
> Our guide told us today that we will be getting Lai Chun at 3:00 tomorrow!! The Bank opens at 9am. It's a short walk from the hotel, turn left out the May Flower. We need to change $1600 to RMB. That will cover the cost of everything here and in Guangzhou. I hope. All our paperwork we need for Wuhan CWI is in order and ready. We make three trips there this week. Monday to get Lai Chun, Tuesday to fill out all the paperwork and make the adoption legal and give them gifts from home, and then Friday to get his passport and the adoption papers.
>
> I am so ready to see my son. I'm going to kiss his head so much. I hope the shock isn't too bad for him. I know things will be much better after we get home. 24 hours my son and you will be with your loving family.
>
> Todd
>

No comments:

Post a Comment