| We made it! We are at the May Flower Hotel in Wuhan. After traveling for more than 30hours, to be here in Wuhan where my son was born is fantastic! The last time we were in China, it was the Winter. I wore long sleeves and long pants. The weather here is 95 and muggy....did I mention it's 11pm? I have on a T-Shirt and shorts. Everyone is looking at me, not just quick glances either. Long hard starring is going on. They might think I'm in a rock band or something. The May Flower isn't as nice as we thought it was going to be. 4-5 star rating? Maybe I'm just tired and cranky. I'm looking forward to shopping tomorrow and eating everything Wuhan. Our guide Grant said McDonalds and Pizza Hut, we yelled at him and said NEVER! I mean, I don't even eat that crap in the States! I think he was pleased. I'll take and post pics tomorrow when its day time. I think we are going to watch some SlingBox and go to sleep. Tracey and I Skyped with Ling-Li, boy do I miss her! She will be a big Sister in two days and more than that, we will have our little boy forever! So looking up his name months ago, there were 3 different ways to pronounce Lai. There is Lay, Lie, and Low (cow). So we have been saying Lay. Our guide Grant said it's Lie. All those people I have been correcting, I'm sorry. Todd |
Saturday, July 31, 2010
China, Tattoos, and the May Flower
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment