Sunday, August 1, 2010

Getting Ready to Meet my Son

This is it!  We are getting Lai Chun in 3 hours.  I'm so thrilled and nervous at the same time. I need to get his backpack ready and that's it!  Tracey and I went to the Bank today.  I was thinking about when Annmarie and I went in Langzhou. This one was so much bigger than that bank.  Turn Left out of the Hotel and its at the corner on the left.  Go upstairs to your right, take a number from the machine and wait your turn.  We were there almost an hour. Exchanged $1600 with no problems.  The May Flower said they would exchange $200 a day each passport, but that's not true so far.  Tracey tried $200 yesterday and they would only do $100.  we also went to a large department store today and the prices were more than at home! The small stores on the same street as our Hotel, left and right, had the best deals.  We plan on buying Lai Chun some clothes from these small stores and more for him and Ling-Li when we get to Gaungzhou.   

We met David and Sherrye Anderson today.  They live in FLA and are Adopting a 17month old girl at the same time as us.  They are so much nicer than I thought they would be, why? Friends that know me will understand.  I'm just not crazy about people, but they seem so good at heart and the first impression always means a lot to me.  Plus there new daughter is the cutest thing!  

Being here brings back many of the same feelings from our first trip to China.  It smells, the cooking oil is nasty, and it's not that comfortable to say the least.  They only difference?, I knew all this from last time.  Tracey and I are dealing with all the stress 100% better.  Our mind is focused on Lai Chun only. And my daughter.  From talking with her on Skype, she is not happy.  This hurts me very much.  I feel tears starting.  I thought she would be happier than she is.  Lingy my sweet girl, we promise to never leave you again!  I'm so sorry.  Stay strong my little monkey and I'll be home soon!  Love BaBa

1 comment:

  1. Yay!
    This brings back so many memories! All those hotels and all those little shops!
    Did they check every bill Tracey gave them to exchange?
    It's great that there was a real bank there.
    We're so happy for you!
    Take care,
    Steve, Kelly and Lara

    ReplyDelete